As well as developing your product on an aesthetic level DesignEdge also provides an integral electro-mechanical engineering service, supporting in-house skills with complex mechanisms and test fixture design. SolidWorks Simulation allows our product engineers to evaluate structural performance under a range of physical scenarios. The powerful virtual testing environment enables engineers to determine thermal models, finite element analysis, product mechanical resistance, product durability and test heat transfer. Using Simulation early in the design process allows our clients to maximize product quality and reduce costs, optimising products based on a range of physical and geometrical parameters.
- Regulatory compliance, CE-marking and FDA approval support
- Mechanism development, analysis and testing
- Proof-of-principle, stress and tolerance studies
- 3D CAD, computer simulation and physical test rigs to allow constant validation
- Concurrent and value engineering to reduce costs and improve performance
- Design for manufacture, high volume automated or low volume manual
- Design for assembly and disassembly to suit the WEEE directive